Independent agricultural and environmental support for farms, crofts and estates with a strong understanding of farm business and practical management.
Agroecosystems Ltd offers confidential environmental and business assessments, reviews, planning and practical delivery and can help your business to:
- Protect your natural resources (soils, water, woodlands and wildlife)
- Assess diversification potential of agri-environment, renewable energy and rural development funding
- Protect your farm income with cross compliance and other regulatory control checks
- Review and complete SAF annual returns
- Undertake habitat and wildlife surveys, carbon audits, nutrient budgets and farm waste management plans
- Carry out grant applications, Whole Farm Reviews and planning applications
- Assess renewable energy opportunities
- Prepare and track grazing leases and Contract Farming Agreements
- Interpret and apply relevant policy and research for your farm
- Meet your business objectives of sustainability
- Get away for a day or two…by offering a trusted and experienced farm-sitting service for you and your family
Agroecosystems Ltd was set up in early 2012 by Alison McKnight BSc (Hons) MCIEEM. Ali has a long history of working in agri-environment and agroecology ‘from the farm gate’ having spent almost 18 years between advisory support to crofts, farms and estates on agri-environment, rural development and farm management, and numerous years of ecological survey work both in the UK and overseas.
The advisory work developed through many years as an employee of the Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group Scotland as both a Farm Conservation Advisor and Business Development Manager for Scotland, plus 2 years with Smiths Gore Farm Management in the north of Scotland. Ecological contracts have been undertaken for national ecological consultants, FCS, private estates, land agents, and RSPB.
Ali’s practical experience began with a hands-on family farming upbringing and has continued since with relief labour services offered as an extension to her consultancy. This ensures a practical understanding of agriculture and its language comes alongside all Agroecosystems work.
As a Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management, and FACTS (Fertiliser Advisers Certification Training Scheme) qualified, Ali ensures professional standards across the broad range of natural resource management issues.